Back To School!
Back To School!
It’s September, and for many this means back-to-school season. But occasions to learn aren’t confined to traditional educational institutions. There are plenty of opportunities on Cape Cod to learn about plants, gardens and landscaping. Here are just a few:
- Country Garden’s Seminars. We are offering several educational programs this fall. From a celebration of great plants for the Cape to fall lawn care, perennial garden maintenance, pruning and beyond, we’ve got a class for you. Check the calendar on our events page for details.
- The Cape Cod Cooperative Extension. The Extension Service offers programs through the Master Gardeners, including the Backyard Horticulture series that’s held every spring. Be sure to check their website regularly for programs. The Master Gardeners also offer fall and spring gardening symposiums. Call their office or check their website for more information.
- Resilient Roots offers workshops in edible landscaping and permaculture. These are listed on their website.
- Public Libraries. Many of the Cape’s local libraries offer programs about plants and gardens. Ask for details at the libraries closest to you.
- The Massachusetts Nursery and Landscape Association offers educational programs throughout the year. Although these are often geared toward landscape professionals, many are of interest to homeowners as well. Check the MNLA website for details and sign up to be on their mailing list for advance notifications.
- The Massachusetts Horticultural Society offers all kinds of classes and workshops at their Elm Bank campus in Wellesley, MA.
- Meetinghouse Farm on Route 149 in West Barnstable offers classes and events in the growing season. Check their website for details.
Keep your eyes open for other opportunities at local museums, independent garden centers and garden clubs. You can be well on your way to earning a PHD…Personal Horticultural Degree, that is.
Subscribe Our Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly email about sales and events.